Saturday 3 August 2013

To Romanticize...?


The School Romance!


I first laid my eyes on you when I was six 

as you were gathered away in his arms.

I knew sooner - mystically that our paths would  cross


and we would be for a life time together - inseparable

with what they call the gut feeling.

I stayed low, as days collectively known as months passed

and i was busy doing math & science 

holding a graphite rod, sharpened with a Japanese blade

engineered by the Germans and while made in China.

While China slowly began to manufacture the fountain pen,

which I would use when I entered the fourth grade- I heard

 you;

I had almost forgotten you then, but as i heard that lovely 

tone from yonder,

I reconfigured that it was a time for a love story- a story

with loads of love but it could be rendered Illegit by the 

masses.




On a fine day when usually nothing better happens,

 I saw you all by yourself with no arms wrapped.

I stole myself, excited with curiousity, moving cautiously

but you didn't budge for you were turned the other way

as i touched you - Snap! went the second string of a guitar,

whose care taker wasn't around to be seen.

My heart throbbed for it look like a failed proposal;

I drew back as i got a real scowl from the owner

when he had learned about this rather embarrassing touch. 

Though this failed endeavour never stopped my arrival,


going around getting different guitars to date

and it was years before i married one - who 

perhaps left after she broke (literally) leading to the break up.





Now as i live each day, i can only sing a nostalgia

for these six metal strings, they always made my day;

days when i got frustrated or angry or tired - they 

together enabled me to create something beautiful (music),

beautiful through all the times - times we spent

in solitude under the moon or even under the ceiling fan;

times when they together were a support when i was vexed,
 
and spared the money for a anger management session.

Now with gratitude, I sing the song i sung...


"Oh 'E'! You appear so shiny and high when u sound

and your cute neighbour 'B' who helps while I Travis pick.

My lovely 'G' - you are hard to tame (tune) but when u do

you fill my heart with a music so psychedelic;

and your brother 'D' sound the best harmonics.

Mr. 'A', i respect you for you are like salt in a meal

and 'E' your depth, deepens my emotions emotionally 

and i can't wait to meet your twins on a 12 string guitar.. :P "  

2 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. I survived my physics dept.. thanks to the guitar ;).. thanks :)

      Delete